Wednesday, June 13, 2012

K5 Art: My Story


For those of you who have been loyal followers of mine, thank you for following me!  I thought it was time for a change, so I decided to test out tumblr.  After a few days of playing around and adding content to my blog, I wasn't impressed so I'm back here on Blogger and officially updating my blog.  Please excuse the mess while I do that.  For those of you who have not yet heard about K5 Art, I’d like to welcome you and be sure to say hello in the comments below!
This is the perfect opportunity for me to share my story of how K5 Art came to be.  I hope you enjoy the little bit of background and if you haven’t already, please check out K5 Art on Etsy!
Here’s my story:

In August 2011, I was at a craft fair selling my photography. I wanted something to do in between customers, so I chose a DIY craft tutorial to try something new. After searching through a few of them, I ran across a tutorial for Scrabble Tile Pendants and I knew that was the one I wanted to try. I purchased all the necessary supplies and started creating them at the craft fair.

As people came in to look at my photos, they were intrigued as to what I was creating “behind the scenes” and I received so many compliments and questions if they were for sale. I decided that once they were dry I was going to put them out on my table for sale and see what happened. Guess what? They all sold by the end of the night and I even had two custom orders!

With the new excitement, I opened an Etsy store and began to refine the creating process and find the best products and techniques to use. Once I was satisfied, I took some basic photos and uploaded them here to Etsy with much success!

So from a craft project to what K5 Art is today, I have found a way to grow my creativity and create a fun line of products. I am still refining my shop and products all the time and finding new things that inspire me but at the heart of it all it’s just about finding something and using creativity to turn it into something fun and beautiful!

Where did the name “K5 Art” come from? My favorite items to Upcycle are Scrabble Tiles and since my name starts with the letter “K”, I chose to use the “K” Tile. The value of the “K” Tile is 5 and Art is what I do. So, K5 Art is basically who I am and what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment